Best Essay Books For Ias Preparation Institutes
UPSC Preparation: Best books to refer for English Paper of Civil Services Main Exam/IAS English preparation books
The UPSC Mains Exam is just a few months away and the commission has already announced the UPSC 2017 Mains Timetable and the Detailed Application Form has also been released.
Here, we bring a list of best books to refer to prepare for the English Compulsory paper of UPSC Civil Service (Main) Exam.
Best books for the preparation of English Paper for Civil Services Main Exam.
Book Name: Compulsory English
Author: A P Bhardwaj
The Compulsory English Book comes handy to IAS Aspirants preparing for the Civil Services Main Exam. It is highly recommended to aspirants who want to learn Compulsory English of the UPSC Mains Exam.
This book will be an asset for UPSC Exams and other competitive exams.
This book contains sufficient explanation of concepts with examples that will make the learning process easier for aspirants’.
Book Name: Contemporary Essays For Civil Services Examinations
Author: Ramesh Singh
This book provides gives an insight on writing excellent essays. This book is highly recommended to IAS Aspirants.
- It is considered as prerequisites of a good essay.
- The book provides introductory write-up on the art of essay writing
- This book provides reference to vital government data and documents in most essays
- The topics in the book are meticulously designed to the present situation that will meet the aid the aspirants’ in their preparation.
Book Name: UPSC Civil Services Main Exam – Indian Society: A General Overview 1st Edition
Author Name: B. Ramaswamy
This book will aid the UPSC Aspirants to understand the formation of Indian Society and its cultures and contains all the details of Indian Society.
The book contains in-depth information of Indian Society and topics like
- Salient features of Indian society, diversity of India
- Role of women and women’s organization, effects of globalization on Indian society, social empowerment, communalism, regionalism and secularism
- Population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies
Book Name: Unique Quintessence of a Compendium of Essays
Author Name: J K Chopra
This book is regarded as one of the best essay books for the UPSC Mains Exam Preparation.
- The book consists of 120 essays.
- Covers political, economic, social and other topics
- Gives a descent idea to the students about essay writing
- This book also contains solved previous years civil services question papers
Book Name: The Vault of Essay
Author Name: Jha Y N
This is all about UPSC Exams and contains topics that cover almost all the sections of the civil services exam. IT is highly recommended to IAS Aspirants to go through this book to get a good hold on the essay writing.
This book covers Essays on topics like-
- Political & Economic Issues
- National & International Issues
- Social Issues
- Science-Tech, Environmental & Ecological Issues
- Philosophical & Quotation Based Issues
- Cultural Issues & Personalities
IAS Preparation Books
Following are the links which have details about IAS preparation books needed for General Studies Papers and Optional papers. Apart from IAS exam preparation books, there are books recommended for Interview purpose as well. Also included are motivational books. The list has all time great books names that must be read in one’s lifetime. However, you should read them only after Mains.
These IAS Preparation books are categorised into Prelims and Mains books. There are some free e-books as well.
These books must be selectively bought and more emphasis should be on NCERT and few standard books. Apart from books, the main backbone of IAS exam preparation is understanding current issues very well. Hence, newspapers especially The Hindu is indispensable.
Links given in each book lists directs you towards Filpkart or Amazon websites. These links are Affiliate links. If you buy these books, Insights will get commission. Thank you.
- Fifty books on Contemporary India – Compiled by Umesh N.S.K. (IAS)
- Reference Books For UPSC Civil Services Prelims
- Reference Books For UPSC Civil Services Mains
- Books On India
- The 100 Best Books Of All Time
- Free E-Book On Ethics
- Free E-Book On Indian Art and Culture
- Download Yojana Magazines
- All Time Best Motivational Books
- Must Read Books For an IAS Aspirant
- Book List For Public Administration Optional Subject
- Complete Study Material On Indian Art and Culture
- Free study Material For Environment, Biodiversity – Mains