Ocr 21st Century Science Physics Gcse Coursework
This section for students studying the current (2011 onwards) Science course. If you are studying the old (pre-2011) course, please visit the pre-2011 course index.
- You and your genes
- Genes, inheritance, testing and treating genetic diseases, cloning and stem cells
- Keeping healthy
- Disease and resistance, antibiotics and drug testing, heart disease, keeping a healthy balance
- Life on Earth
- How species depend on each other, theory of evolution, the importance of biodiversity
- Air quality
- Chemicals in the air, chemical reactions and pollutants, improving air quality
- Materials choices
- Measuring properties of materials, crude oil and its uses, structure of materials, nanotechnology
- Chemicals in our lives - risks and benefits
- Minerals in Britain, the importance of salt, manufacture and use of chemicals, safety and sustainability
- The Earth in the Universe
- Earth, stars, galaxies and space, how the Earth is changing
- Radiation and life
- Electromagnetic radiation, benefits and risk, global warming, waves and communication
- Sustainable energy
- Using energy, generating electricity, choosing energy sources
Back to Science index
Where can I find information about the OCR specifications and exams?
Specifications and examinations are the responsibility of the awarding body OCR. We cannot answer questions about assessment on this C21 project website. However, here are links to pages where you will find useful material on the OCR website.
Links to OCR documents for each course
These links take you to the OCR documents page for the 2011 specification for each course. If what you want isn't there, click on the 'View all documents' link on the OCR web page.
On these pages you will find the following:
* summary of scheme of assessment
* contolled assessment information
* specimen assessment material and mark schemes
* free past papers to download
* examiners' reports and mark schemes
* teacher support material
* details of OCR training opportunities
OCR GCSE Science documents.
OCR GCSE Additional science documents
OCR GCSE Additional Applied Science documents
OCR GCSE Biology documents
OCR GCSE Chemistry documents
OCR GCSE Physics documents
Entry Level documents
Teacher support and coursework guidance
Here on this website is a list of contents for the GCSE Science teacher support and coursework guidance including case studies. This is for the 2006 specifications.
Pilot exam papers
As a one-off exception to OCR material being available from OCR, here are some pilot exam papers for GCSE Science on this project website. Note the health warnings
Pilot exam questions for GCSE Science
External training courses available from OCR
Follow this link to an OCR webpage about their support and training.
Exams officer information from OCR
OCR home page for exams officers
Exams officer training
Dates for exam results
Enquiries about results including appeals
Controlled assessment is different for each C21 course. See the information provided by OCR for each one.
OCR exams page for students and parents
Learners and parents
If you have a query about the assessment of Twenty First Century Science please telephone OCR's Customer Contact Centre 01223 553998 and ask to talk to a Twenty First Century Science Qualification Manager.